Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Oven stuck on steam only

Customer Question

Oven stuck on steam only
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Sorry to hear that.

Please send me the make and the Full model number so I can assist you correctly:-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Zanussi. FCZ061GBG. SERIAL74800001
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Peter,

When you say you switched it on/off, did you turn off the main circuit breaker to the unit?

You need to try this first. Then once the main is off at your houses power panel please wait 5 full minutes before trying the unit again.

If this works, GREAT! Please rate me as good service. If not, please do not rate, and reply to me for more troubleshooting information.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will give it a go in the morning. I am not on site and told chef to switch of at the wall. I will put it off at the breaker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No luck. No error code?. Any ideas
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Peter, thanks for trying that.

I needed, to be sure .Unfortunately this will require service internally and on this unit specialized test equipment is needed to diagnose this.

Likely the main controller will need to be replaced.

Its not cheap I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.

I can help you locate the part if you want to replace this yourself, thereby saving the labor cost:-)

Please let me know.

I will stick with you and guide you with the replacement when you have that part.

Since this will take some time, if you rate me as good service or better, before you close this page the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so we can remain in contact at no additional cost to you until we have this fixed;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I arrived at the same conclusion after speaking to zanussi.

They say it is probably a relay on the main pcb! Horror!

Peter