Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint DE89X1 double oven.Top oven works fine.Main

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint DE89X1 double oven.
Top oven works fine.
Main oven is unreliable. Turn Oven Selector Knob to Fan Oven and nothing happens.
Turn knob to any other position and the Temp settings are dispayed as normal. Turn th knob back to Fan oven and it now works fine for about 10 mins the it turns off on its own.
Any ideas which part I should order.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear about that problem.

What .you need to replace is the main knob control.

Please copy and paste this web site into your browser.

They can direct you to the part depending on your exact location:-)

I will help you with the replacement when you have it.

For that reason and since this will take some time, if you will rate my service as Good or better before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule FREE follow ups with you so we can remain connected until we have this fixed for you. Below is the site you need:

Tech Michael

http://www.hotpoint.co.uk/?vm=r

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Main Control Knob is a Potentiometer (£13.25), are you sure this is the problem or is it the Control circuit board (£110.75)?

If it is the later then I will buy a new oven