Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

I HAVE MOVED MY WASHING MACHINE FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER AND

Customer Question

I HAVE MOVED MY WASHING MACHINE FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER AND IT WILL NOT RECEIVE WATER. IT IS AS IF THE INLET HOSE IS BLOCKED. THE MACHINE e NO. IS WXLM146AGB/05.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO.

THE WATER IS GETTING TO THE INLET HOSE. i HAVE CLEANED UP THE FILTER. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

Jon :

To start you will need to check voltage to the water valve.

Jon :

if there is no voltage to the water valve then the valve will not open to let the water flow in. And you will have to replace the main board.

Jon :

if there is voltage but still no water, and you are sure the filters are clean and not causing the water from coming through, then you will need to replace the water valve.

Jon :

On the valve you will see some solenoids and wires coming into the solenoids. Remove the wires to the solenoid and measure voltage there.

Jon :

Isolate the cold and hot water valve. then pick one valve to check voltage on first. I recommend starting with the cold. So put the washer into a cold water fill cycle and remove the wires from the cold solenoid. then put the leads from your meter to the wires and then start the machine.

Jon :

if you have voltage then stop the washer and put the leads back on the cold solenoid. Then start the washer again. if the water doesnt come in then you have to replace the valve.

Jon :

do this to the hot side as well.

Jon :

please get back to me here and tell me what you find and I will help you more. And even try to help you find parts if need be.

Jon :

JACUSTOMER-1f1abrt7- :

this does npt help as I do not have a gadget to check the voltage

JACUSTOMER-1f1abrt7- :

I do not have a problem with Jon's quality of service but it seems to me that he is unable to answer my question and I need a washing maCHINE TECHNICIAN

Jon :

I am a washing machine technician. I have been working on these machines for over 13 years now. and if you dont have water coming into the washer then we have to check the following. But again, if you dont have a meter then it will be hard to do these checks properly. so I would suggest getting a meter or borrowing one from a friend.

Jon :

now, to start, make sure the power is on to the machine and that the water supply to the washer is turned fully on and opened.

Jon :

then go ahead and start the washer with a cold fill and see if there is water getting to the water valve. Usually you will be able to feel the flow of water through the fill hose from the supply to the water valve. So go ahead and and grab the hose and see if you can feel pressure.

Jon :

If you dont feel any pressure then I would first suggest turning the machine off then turning the water supply off to the washer. Now remove the fill hose end from the water valve side. The side connected to the machine. Now with the hose off, we are going to turn the water supply back on to test the pressure coming from the supply so it is recommended to get a bucket and some towels. It can get messy here.

Jon :

With the hose off and the end of the hose going into a bucket turn the water supply back on. How is the water pressure coming through the hose? Is it just trickling out? Or does it flow out of the hose with good pressure?

Jon :

If it trickles out then we need to pull the other end of the hose off, the one connected to the water supply at the hose and test the pressure there. You may have a clog of sediment in the hoses.

Jon :

If the pressure is good and no blockages in the fill hoses then again turn the supply off. Now with a flashlight, check the water valve.

Jon :

Does there appear to be any blockage or build up of sediment in the water valve?

Jon :

if yes, then clean it out by flushing warm water into the valve.

Jon :

If no, then put the hoses back on and tyr the fill cycle again.

Jon :

This time while the fill cycle is trying to start, put your hand on the water valve, since you don't have a meter to check the voltage to the water valve, please put your palm of your hand on the water valve.

Jon :

Does it feel like it is vibrating or humming?

Jon :

if so, then good, there is voltage most likely running to the valve. And in this case replace the valve for it is bad and is the reason why no water is coming in.

Jon :

If you don't feel anything then you either have a bad control or lid/ lock switch or pressure switch.

Jon :

That is the best I can help you here without a meter. And quite frankly, without a meter, how much help did you think you would get?

Jon :

It is hard for me to tell you with absolute certainty with out being there what is wrong with your machine. And it is especially hard next to impossible for me to tell you what is wrong if you can't perform the checks necessary for a proper diagnosis.

Jon :

So again, if you are unhappy with my help please just come back to me here again and tell me how else I can help you. Please don't leave a negative rating because you don't have the proper tools to diagnose the problems with your machine. That is not my fault. I am trying my best to help you with what you have.