Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I am an electrician and have been called to a problem with

Customer Question

I am an electrician and have been called to a problem with a Kupperbusch hob. It is a 4 zone ceramic hob and is a few years old but I do not have a model. When switched on the key symbol and the two + indicators for the two front zones flash, then a continuous bleep is heard until the appliance switches itself off. It is as though the child safety lock is on but I have tried all the normal combination of keys such as the automatic switch off key and the minus key simultaneously but nothing seems to change the mode. Does this sound like a faulty unit or am I missing something?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you think you can come up with a remedy soon I will wait, however my customer has now been without her hob for sometime and I don't want to wait and then be told that you can't help.

John

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Adam, my client has now given up waiting for me and is going to have a new hob.

Please could you organise for a full refund

Thank you anyway

John

Expert:  SparePartspro replied 3 years ago.
Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

Without the model number it could be difficult to problem solve.
The model is printed on the underside of the hob.

There are various key combinations to try but primarily you should try press and hold both '+' AND '-' together while pressing the 'On' button.

Just seen your reply while I was compiling an answer for you.
Sorry I couldn't help earlier.

Best regards Tony