SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Siemens wm14s495gb/08 jets blocked with mould so conditioner

Customer Question

Siemens wm14s495gb/08 jets blocked with mould so conditioner tray not being flushed out/emptied. How do I clean the jets? Do I need to take the machine apart and where do I get an exploded diagram?
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 4 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

Before stripping down the dispenser unit, try cleaning the distributor top with a toothbrush first.
Siemens do have a web site where you can access drawings but that may not be neccessary.
Let me know when you are ready to proceed.

JACUSTOMER-4fn88nez- :

I have already cleaned with a toothbrush as this it what other websites had suggested.

SparePartspro :

Can I assume you have checked that the water actuaklly flows through the dispenser top.
It may not be the black mould that is the issue.

JACUSTOMER-4fn88nez- :

Yes, I've taken the tray out whilst machine running and water is coming out of some of the jets.

SparePartspro :

Out from some of the jets the lay above the conditioner tray?

JACUSTOMER-4fn88nez- :

yes

SparePartspro :

If you take the top of the washer off you should be able to see the distributor is accessible.
It will have 2 connecting hoses to the rear.
If you disconect those hoses you could try flushing out the distributor with a garden hose or failing that remove the complete assembly to thoroughly clean it.

JACUSTOMER-4fn88nez- :

... think I'm going to have to try this so might be a day or two before i get back to you ...

SparePartspro :

That's OK just come back when you are ready.
If you CLICK HERE you should be able to find the drawings. They may help a little