WGBGE
WGBGE, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  White Goods Engineer
75234286

Black & Decker electric lawn edge stimmer. I have caught

Customer Question

Black & Decker electric lawn edge stimmer.

I have caught up some fine plastic netting under the drum. I have pulled most of it out, but cannot get the last of it out. And I cannot get the drum off the spindel to release the last of the netting.
Expert:  WGBGE replied 4 years ago.

WGBGE :

If its anything like my Strimmer the drum can be quite hard to remove. You may just require some more force to remove it especially if there is netting caught inside it.

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

I do not know how the drum is attached. I thought there was a screw in the spindle, but there does not appear to be one.

WGBGE :

On mine once the cap is removed - the drum (with the string / twine wrapped around) just pulls off the centre - yours might be held in place by the netting ???

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

I wonder whether we understand the same thing by the word 'drum'. The spool which has the string/twine wrapped around is inside what I am referring to as the drum. The netting is caught between the body of the strimmer and the drum.

WGBGE :

apologies for any misunderstanding - would it be possible to send me any pictures of your "drum / netting"???

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

I shall try to send a picture

WGBGE :

I'll wait for the pic - Regards

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

Please give me a couple of days. I have hospital appointments Tues & Wed

WGBGE :

no problem !

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

12/09/2013 15.00.40I'm having trouble trying to attach the photos to this. Can you give me an ordinary email address to send them to?

JACUSTOMER-tar3akm7- :

Have you received the photos?