SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

I have a Neff S51M53XOGB fully integrated dish washer that

Customer Question

I have a Neff S51M53XOGB fully integrated dish washer that has stopped walking. It fills with water and that is all. In the display 2 lights are flashing the 'Check Water Supply' (TAP) symbol and the 'Rinse Aid Refill' (Sun) symbol.

I have checked the water supply (it is filling up any way), the filter and pump area as well as the drain hose and all appears OK.

What is the issue?

cheers, Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is Daniel and I will be helping you today.

When you set the dishwasher going does the pump run at the start?

Then does it stop and fill with water?

If so is this when it stops and shows the check water light?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As soon as I found the issue I stopped using it. Every time I start it up again all that happens is water starts entering the machine and the lights, as mentioned, flash. I cannot do anything else with it. None of the buttons are effective.

cheers

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Daniel,

None of the control buttons work. All that happens when you turn it on is it fills immediately with water and the lights flash.

cheers, Neil

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

When these does this its usually the flow meter which is the fault here.

Pull the dishwasher out and remove the left hand side panel.

At the back were the water valve is you will see the flow meter. Its round and will have the 2 hoses going to it.

You need to replace this and hopefully this will get it going again. Neff call this the impeller jug but what it does is counts the pluses as the water passes through it and sends the signal to the control board.

If the control board doesn't pick the signal up then it thinks its not filling so will stop like this.

This is quite common on these appliances for them to fail as ive replaced quite a lot of them over the years.

So check that out and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, a bit late today but should have time to look at it tomorrow and get back to you.

Speak soon, Neil

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

No worries speak soon.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Evening Daniel,

Have taken both sides off and can't see the impeller jug anywhere.

regards, Neil

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Do you still need help on this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes please. No impeller jug in sight in either left or right panel. Next suggestion?

cheers, neil

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about this ive search all my files I have but cannot get any service info on this model to try and pin point and confirm theres a flow meter.

I will opt out of the question and if another expert can help they will jump in.

Expert:  SparePartspro replied 4 years ago.
Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

What you are looking for is a reed switch that is built in to the regen box on the left hand side.
The regen box is the large flat plastic water container. The flow device is near to the bottom, has a connector block fitted to it.