SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Hi I have an aeg lavamat 88730. It has a c6 error code

Customer Question

I have an aeg lavamat 88730. It has a c6 error code that comes on approximately half way through a wash. It happens more on linen washes over 50 degrees than it does on wash programmes such as delicates around 40 degrees. My appliance engineer says it needs a new circuit board but the error code refers to a sensor or pressure switch.
Help? Many thanks Bridget
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 4 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

Your error code indicates a problem with the water level indicator.
If that proves OK then yes the fault could be on the board.
Somestimes you get corroded joints on the edge connectors of the board.
Try breaking and making all the edge connectors in turn and then re try the machine.
Remember to Power Off before you do anything.
Let me know how you get on.

JACUSTOMER-4nv4sjb6- :

What do you mean try breaking and making all the edge connectors in turn?

SparePartspro :

On the control board or PCB there are edge connectors. If you remove the edge connector and then replace it, this can have the effect of making a new connection with the board.
If you thought you had loose connections on the board this would be a way of rectifying it.

This doesn't get away from the error code C6 which is a water level indicator fault.

JACUSTOMER-4nv4sjb6- :

Thanks so much Tony. If it is a water level issue is there a part that needs replacing such as the water level switch or the sensor - I am not sure how to isolate which one it might be? The machine works fine other than sometimes stopping cos of the error code. Often when I press start it carries on again fine, sometime not, especially on a hotter wash cycle.

SparePartspro :

The water level indicator is essentially a pressure switch.
It has a small rubber tube that connects it with the bottom of the drum / tub.
As the water rises so does the pressure.
Sometimes the little tube gets blocked. To remedy this you remove the tube end from the pressure switch and blow down it to remove the blockage.
Refit the tube and try the machine again.

SparePartspro :

Once done come back and let me know how you got on.

Best regards Tony

SparePartspro :

Just wondering how you had got on with your washing machine.
Do you need any other help or have you managed to fix it.

JACUSTOMER-4nv4sjb6- :

Hi Tony,

JACUSTOMER-4nv4sjb6- :

You asked me to come back to you with an update. So here goes. I have cleaned out the tube - no blockage. I have checked the circuit board and the pressure switch. The switch seems ok and the board has no erosion. The machine is still stopping half way through most wash cycles showing a C6 fault code. My engineer has said it is the circuit board and that the machine is dying. Apparently a new circuit board would cost over £300 so it is not worth it. What do you think?

JACUSTOMER-4nv4sjb6- :

Many thanks Bridget