WGBGE
WGBGE, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  White Goods Engineer
75234286

Lamona washing machine model number HJA

Customer Question

Hi, my Lamona washing machine won't spin. Model number HJA 853. Can you help? Is anyone going to get back to me?
Expert:  WGBGE replied 4 years ago.

WGBGE :

There are usually two common reasons why a WM wont spin - Firstly if the motor brushes are worn and Second if it cant empty or drain the water away ! If the WM is draining ok - Chances are the motor brushes will need replacing ! Regards ..

JACUSTOMER-88jdbu2k- : What if it's not draining properly?
WGBGE :

Hi if the water is not emptying - the first thing to find is your filter - sometimes located at the front of the WM behind the lower plastic panel - remove the filter and check inside - the drain pump impellor is usually visible through the filter. Just remember when you remove the filter the contents of your WM will empty out through it. Empty the water from the drum first but have a bowl / drain tray ready