Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello! Re: stoves oven no. XXXXXXXXX serial no. 00371232 After

Customer Question

Hello!

Re: stoves oven no. XXXXXXXXX serial no. 00371232

After replacing a broken button, my cooker still seems to be stuck in alarm mode. Do Stoves offer a repair service in the Sandhurst (Hampshire) area of UK?

Thanks and regards,

Nick
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

You should call Stoves who will arrange for a qualified engineer to inspect your appliance

Please contact them here :
Stoves Customer Care 0844 815 3740 - Call our award winning team for excellent service
Lines open: Monday - Thursday 8am - 6pm, Friday 8am - 5.30pm, Saturday 8.30am - 2pm, Sunday 10am - 2pm

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob,

I was hoping you would be able to solve the problem, not provide a telephone number for Stoves. They don't send out repairmen unless you have signed up to an annual service plan (costing in excess of £160.00 per annum) and the oven in question is out of the warranty period. Maybe I missed the point of this service but £22.00 for a number I had already googled myself seems to be a poor return for my money. I won't rate you as I'm sure you're a decent bloke and it would be unfair, I just think the site needs to clarify what the consumer is getting for the money they are asking.

Kind regards,

Nick

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nick

thanks for explaining the situation. I didnt realis that you wanted to try and do this yourself!

Can you tell me, are these the push in buttons on the clock, and if so, how many are there?

Can you also repost the model number as its been crossed out, put the letter A directly in front of it so it wont get crossed out
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for coming back to me, appreciated! I've subsequently managed to speak to a helpful girl on the Stoves help line and she's done a reset and sent my tenant a manual. There are 3 buttons, but we fear it might now be a problem with the thermostat. If this is the case, should this be a relatively simple job for an experienced appliance technician or are we talking expensive repairs in your experience? If I may, I'll drop you a quick line when I know more?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nick
Replacing a thermostat is not normally a terribly complex operation, especially if they have some appliance repair abillity under their belt

Let me know how it goes once they have the manual etc and Ill see if I can help you from there.

All the best

Rob