Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

after replacing heating element, I try to set the oven time,

Customer Question

after replacing heating element, I try to set the oven time, but the oven is dead even the cooker switch is on. What is wrong and what to do?
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you replaced the elemnt, did you turn off the main fuse?
Check to see if this has blown when the element blew

Let me know what you find
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

main fuse was off

The main fuse for the cooker automatically turn off, when the oven blow

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The main fuse for the cooker automatically trip off and I do not think it is fused. Is it safe to pull the main fuse out from the house main fuse box?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The main fuse was already switched off when I replaced the element. I have since turned it back on but the oven is still not responding.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

It depends what type of fuses you have
Are they just like a light switch that push up and down?

If so, try turning the cooker one off and on again

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the main fuse box has a row of switches that push up and down. I have already turned the cooker fuse on and off, as well as the switch in the kitchen. Still nothing.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

If you have no display and nothing happening at all, at the oven, the next step would be to remove the oven from the housing and start checking components. Do you have and do you know how to use, a multimeter?

One other thought, is there a double poled switch, near to the cooker that may have been turned off?

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not know how to do that!

What is a double poled switch?

Only the cooker switch was turn off other than the main cooker fuse switch.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Ok, without a meter I am sorry but you will not be able to trace and locate this fault.
If you want, I can get you an all inclusive quote for this repair. It would include the call out charge, all labour and all parts.
If youd like a quote, pleaasse let me have your postcode

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your efforts but this information hasn't been helpful. I am not satisfied with the service provided and would like a refund.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

If you would like a refund please see here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Im sure you appreciate that without the right tools for any job, it may not be possible to carry out the repair

Rob