SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Our 10 year old slimline Bosch dishwasher is stopping during

Customer Question

Our 10 year old slimline Bosch dishwasher is stopping during the cycle. It doesn't do it at the same stage each time and continues again when the dial is clicked on one stage. Sometimes it will continue to the end of the cycle from there as normal but other times it will stop again a few clicks on. I have tried re-setting the outlet valve as this caused a problem before but on that occasion the machine wouldn't wotk at all so this seems to be a new fault. Can you suggest anything we could try or test?
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 3 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

Can you post back a model number together with any error messages like flashing lights on the control panel.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

Hi Tony

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

The Bosch model No is: SPS5462. There are no lights or warning panel on this particular machine - just a programme timer dial and selection buttons. Since my message yesterday I have found that tipping the machine forward by about 45 degrees while it is switched on makes the machine operate but still unusable as water pours out of the front around the seal! This now makes me think there is still a problem with the valve in the outlet? - not the inlet as is usally the case as there is plenty of water getting to the inside of the machine.

SparePartspro :

Instead of tipping it forward try tipping it backward so water does not run out the door seal.
It is possible that water has leaked in to the base plate and tripping the anto

SparePartspro :

anti flood mechanism.

SparePartspro :

Water may run out the back from the base plate below the sump.
If this is the case then site the machine and try running the cucle again.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

OK - I'll try that & see if that dos the trick!

SparePartspro :

Just checking how it all went.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

Hi Tony

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

Tried tipping the machine back as you suggested but no sign of any water.

SparePartspro :

The next thing to check is the pressure switch.
This is your water level indicator.
It has a small rubber tube connecting it to the sump.
Take the tube of from the pressure switch and blow down it to free any blockage.
Refit the tube and try the machine again.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

Where is the pressure switch located? - do I have to take the back/side panels off the machine etc to get to it? Also, what does the sump look like? Is it like the oil sump on a car so in effect a small metal box?

SparePartspro :

The sump is the stainless steel bottom of your dishwasher where the filter is.
If you were to take off the right side panel and look below the sump you will see the small rubber tube connecting the sump to the pressure switch.
The switch is around 50mm diameter and has an electrical connector block fitted to it.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

OK will do - thanks

SparePartspro :

How did you get on with the pressure switch.

JACUSTOMER-9f1hw6f7- :

Didn't have time to do it yet but machine has started working properly again! I'll leave it be while it's behaving itself. Thanks again.