Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Thetford N12 fridge has a flashing blue light and spanner

My Thetford N12 fridge has a flashing blue light with a spanner and error code 12. I have tried on gas and I end up with a spanner and error code 12 , we are currently connected to the mains.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Error 12 is normally a low volage of DC current, or possibly too high

Is the battery a leisure battery or the main battery?
Also, what is this unit installed in please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's a leisure battery we are currently using the mains supply and the fridge is in a caravan
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

OK, when its on mains or gas, do you still get the error, or is it only on the 12v that the error shows

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
n
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We get the error on all 3 options of power supply
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John
Please go here

On page 12 is a flow chart for trouble shooting this error

Let me know what you find

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have already done this and came to the conclusion it was a D+ input issue
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

If you are sure that the voltage is correct and nothing is drawing away the current, then the likely culprit is the power board.
Does the auto option come up in the display?

How old is the unit please?
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The caravan is 2008 and no the auto option doesn't come up on the display
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

OK, im guessing that the auto light failed at the same time as the error code.

This is a sure sign, then, of a failed poer board.

Can you give me the full model number as there are some digits missing. If you want I can then check the availibility of the part

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX RN12-n43f04l6e
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
are you sure its not RN112 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry yes it is
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
sorry for the delay, but was trying to find this cheaper !!

You will need to find the version you have, which is on the board itself, as there are a couple.

This will give you an idea of the price. (Just click on the word in blue)
Once you have the type, you should cntact a good caravan supplier or Thetford themselves, to source the cheapest

Sorry its not a cheap fix

Please dont forget to rate, as this is how I get credit for helping you today

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.