Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have an LG Dryer Model RC8003A which all of a sudden ha

Customer Question

We have an LG Dryer Model RC8003A which all of a sudden ha developed a rattling noise as soon as you close the door even with the power switch off?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi that s strange.
How long does the rattling last?
Also how old is your machine?
Thank You
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The machin is 4 years old and the rattling doesn't stop at all ,I don't know if I am correct but sound as if it is coming from the water pump ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Is this a dryer or a washer?
You listed this as dryer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's a condensed dryer and it's the small pump in the sump that switches itself on once you shut the door could it be a faulty sensor ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for that.
if its a small sound than yes its likely the pump motor, they do fail just like that..
I will continue with you and if you rate my service as good or better today the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you to ensure this question will not close until we have this ironed out;-)
Also I will find you a good supplier for the part.
Thank You
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks,I have left you a posotive reply,I would be gratefull if you could forward mr detailes of a supplier

Emyr