WGBGE
WGBGE, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  White Goods Engineer
75234286

Hi. Ive got a Neff S5456X3GB/22 FD8308 DW. Had a problem whereby

Customer Question

Hi. Ive got a Neff S5456X3GB/22 FD8308 DW. Had a problem whereby there was no power to the machine. Traced this to the module which had burnt out at a particular place. Replaced the module and made sure that there were no blockages and then went through the re-programming instructions that came with the module. All seemed well but after the programming I put it on a rinse cycle and now it is stuck. Just seems to be contantly trying to pump out. The display shows the salt and rinse aid symbols, the top half of 1, nothing, and then an 8.
Expert:  WGBGE replied 3 years ago.

WGBGE :

Hi ....... If a DW is constantly draining it usually an indication that the anti-flood device has been activated. This is a device that is fitted to monitor water build-up in the base of the DW and commonly consists of a polystyrene float and microswitch. You will need to check for water in the base and if there is any you will need to find the source of the leak. I would suggest keeping the DW unplugged / isolated while you check. And I'm wondering if the cause of the blown PCB could have been water leaking onto a component. ??? Good Luck ! Message me if you need any more info........ regards Neil

JACUSTOMER-gpeqkfen- :

Hi Neil,

JACUSTOMER-gpeqkfen- :

Hi Neil, I did check this before I changed the module but everything is dry. Regards...Kevin

WGBGE :

hi Kevin - didnt know you had done it - As you didnt say you had I have to assume you havent !

WGBGE :

the only thing you can do is check the anti flood switch

WGBGE :

this is the thing that would cause a constant drain if activated -

Full Size Image

WGBGE :

the red lever is the one connected to it

JACUSTOMER-gpeqkfen- :

Hi Neil,

WGBGE :

hello

JACUSTOMER-gpeqkfen- :

Hi Neil, Thanks for getting back to me. I've checked both the microswitches on the assembly you have highlighted and they are both free i.e not sticking at all. I have also cleaned out the whole of that particular assembly just in case but it wasn't that gunked up to be honest. It looks like the machine is drawing water from the inlet and just pumping it round and straight back out. I'm not sure how relevant it is but it all started when I opened the machine and noticed that the water hadn't drained away. Found a bit of plastic wrapping that had caused the blockage. Then turned it back on and had no power. That's when I traced it to the module, which I replaced. Now I have power but can't seem to get it onto a proper programme. Regards...Kevin

WGBGE :

Ok - might sound a bit daft but have you got the drain hose up higher than the water level - I'm just making sure the water is not just draining away via gravity and the DW is just filling up to replace the water thats syphoning away ???

JACUSTOMER-gpeqkfen- :

Hi Neil, The drain hose goes into the sink waste which is about 50cm above the base of the DW. This is as it has always been. I have attached a photo of the display although it's not that clear. I'm not sure if this is a fault code or not. Regards...Kevin

Full Size Image