Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have microwave model R967(sl)M, serial 30300069, purchased

Customer Question

We have microwave model R967(sl)M, serial 30300069, purchased july 2003. No faults until now. I have followed your operation manual under troubleshooting, and answers to that are : 1. oven lamp comes on
2. turntable rotates
3. cooling fan works I believe
4. audible signal sounds after 1 min.
5. after 1 minute water in cup is NOT, repeat NOT HOT;
6 after 3 minutes, grill heating element becomes red, ( actually quicker than that)
7 after 3 mins, oven cavity is hot at 180 or before that....

Would appreciate your advice, but I think the CONVECTION part is u/s...
We live 20 miles from Swindon, Wilts, and we have listed for repairs SCREEN LINK on 10793 182221, if they are still on your lists, Thank you. Derek Ward
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Could you reply again for me please? your text isn't showing
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi sorry for your troubles,
This unit could need either a new main control board or a magnetron(the part that actually makes the microwaves).
Usually it will be the magnetron thats at fault.
Were you thinking of replacing that yourself?
If so please do not attempt this until you consult with me!!!
Microwave ovens can contain LETHAL voltages in the main capacitor even when unplugged!!!!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, Michael, I am grateful for your advice. I assure you that I have no intention of purchasing a magnetron ( whatever that looks like!), and even less intention of fitting it myself. No, it is pretty obvious that I shall have to purchase a replacement in the UK, Nevertheless it is most encouraging to discover from you that a repair job would be somewhat of a problem. Many thanks for the advice. Derek

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Anytime Derek:-)
Please before you leave, dont forget to rate my service!
Have a great day!
Michael