Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Good evening, I have a HV7L145 washing machine. For sometime

Customer Question

Good evening, I have a HV7L145 washing machine. For sometime now we have a periodic leak, about once in every 6 washes. I cannot see where the water comes or understand why it is not every wash?
Yesterday my wife tried to wash a load but it seems stuck on filling and emptying, I have tried different programmes and temperatures with no effect. Can you advise please?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok so when you set it going on a wash did it fill right up with water. The drain it out and start filling again?

If so how far up the door is the water level?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure how far it was filling as my wife switched the machine off. When I changed the programmes to one it filled nearly to the top.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok if it filled nearly to the top then its over filling.

What you need to do is remove the top and locate the pressure switch. Its round and will have a few wires on it and a thin tube.

Pull this tube off and blow hard down it.

Then remove the hose and see if theres any holes or splits in there. As if there is then it can cause it to over fill.

If that's fine then take the pressure switch off and blow up it and see if you can hear it clicking.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Afternoon Daniel,

I have blown down the tube and removed it, it appears sound, How I will get it back on is going to be difficult.

The pressure switch seems to be responding to my blowing.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Have you retried the washer and see if it fills ok?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I have now restarted, the fill level now seems to be fine, however, the programme is not continuing.

At top right front of machine there is a sloping row of lights, the bottom one, red, is door lock indicator which is fine. The top one amber which is normally steady, the light moving down the row of indicators as the wash progresses. This is now stuck at the top and is flashing and the wash is not progressing.

I have just checked it again, the fill level appears to be just below half way but it is still in the same cycle of filling and emptying as first reported.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok if this is in wash mode and you can see the water just below half way up the door then its overfilling. As in wash mode you shouldn't really see the water level in there. As these washers now a days use just about the right amount of water compared to older washers were they filled half way up the door.

So this sounds like its a overfilling fault. So if the hose appears ok then it just leaves either the pressure switch or the control unit at fault here im afraid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This presumably means replacing one or other or both, is there any way I can tell?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

If you have a multimeter you can test the pressure switch.

Test between the wires on there and then blow up it and as it switches over the meter should show this by the readings on there.

Try that and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately I do not have a multi meter! Is ther anything else I can do?

If I have to buy parts do you know the best source please?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok with out a meter its hard to tell which part is at fault im afraid.

But as for parts click this link www.4hoover.co.uk