Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi i hava plasma tv Panasonic Viera txp42xt50b there is power

Customer Question

Hi i hava plasma tv Panasonic Viera txp42xt50b there is power from the mains to the tv but the tv wont switch on from the back panel,normally it does,i normally leave tv plugged in when i go to work but i decide to take plug out of wall socket disconnecting electrical supply to tv and sky box. When i came home from work i plugged tv in wall socket an d went to turn it on at the back of the tv panel,normally red stand by light comes on then press power on switch on remote and nothing? i have extended cover through Cometbut they went bust last year! i have had it 1 yr so there are two more years left on total producct careplan,can you help me with a solution to my problem please?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Michael :

Ho sorry to hear about all tht

Michael :

this sounds like a power supply issue but to be sure some electronic testing will need to be done

Michael :

most people simply replace the main power supply in the TV but that may not be the issue, it likely is the fault but some sophisticated testing equipment would be needed

JACUSTOMER-az53ofl4- :

i could have worked that out and im not an expert michael

Michael :

if you have some electronics knowledge we could work on this,

Michael :

Its just what it is

JACUSTOMER-az53ofl4- :

i havent thats why im asking you

Michael :

I wish I had a simple solution but in this case if you are sure there is power at the outlet and you arent even getting and error code from the led on the set then its a good bet the power supply needs to be replaced

Michael :

its not hard to do but you will need to order that board, I will help you with the replacement:-)

JACUSTOMER-az53ofl4- :

it is under 2 more years of a care and protection plan ,i aint ordering any part!

Michael :

oh then all you need to do is call them and they will send a tech out to your place and fix it for you for free in most cases:-)

Michael :

Panasonics are known for this issue as well

JACUSTOMER-az53ofl4- :

stating the obvious michael!

Michael :

they used t be very good but not anymore

Michael :

I wish I could provide more infor but you would voind the warranty by opening the set, please have a great day

Michael :

wish I could be more helpful to you

JACUSTOMER-az53ofl4- :

thats funny because before i bought it i read which magazine which rated it a top buy and recommended it,thats why i bought it!

Michael :

any tech on here would sy the sme thing unfortunately

Michael :

I have ben a tv tech for many years they just got bad so did RCA

Michael :

not sure why

Michael :

but its likely the sheer # of components and they get very hot which causes the parts to fail prematurly

Michael :

all the new sets are like this but some are better than others

Michael :

in my opinon and this comes from experience, they marketed these new sets before actually makingsure they were reliable

Michael :

i REALLY TRIED TO HELP YOU BUT RATING ME AS POOR SERVICE COULD COST ME MY JOB

Michael :

you didnt need to do that

Michael :

I wish you would reconsider Thank you and have a great day