Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Hi, I have an eco plus 831 boiler, nearly 2 years old, but

Customer Question

Hi, I have an eco plus 831 boiler, nearly 2 years old, but tried the central heating this week and its not talking to our Salus thermostat, we have put new batteries in the thermostat, everything looks like it should work, but nothing happens,
on pressing the info button on the boiler, it displays S30. and we cant work out why its not talking to the thermostat.
any ideas?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith :

s30 is the code for no demand

Andrew Smith :

Can you take the transmitter off the wall and sit it under the boiler and see if they re-sync?

Customer- :

tried that.

Customer- :

have also turned the thermostat up, so it would seem that the room was not warm enough, but still nothing happens, the boiler is on the constance setting, so its nothing to do with the timer.

Andrew Smith :

The timer turns the heating on, without it - it will not work.

Andrew Smith :

It looks like a problem between the transmitter and the receiver.

Andrew Smith :

Does the receiver flash when you turn up the heating?

Andrew Smith :

Can you hear it click when you do?

Customer- :

the boiler is set toconstanc

Customer- :

the boiler is set to constant, the thermostat has a little flame symbol which flashed when it sends the signal to the boiler, the receiver fitted next to the boiler has a green light, as to say it is receiving the signal from the thomostat, but the boiler still does nothing, makes no noise , nothing

Customer- :

when we press the ignition button on the boiler, it tries to start, it makes chug noises two, three times then stops and does nothing.

Customer- :

sorry about the poor service so far thing, I missed your reply.

Customer- :

when I hold the thermostat infront of the boiler and turn the stat down the green light on the receiver goes off with a click. when I turn the room stat up the receiver has a green light which goes on with a click, but the boiler does nothing.

Customer- :

the boiler is not talking to the thermostat receiver, is there anything I can do about this?

Andrew Smith :

The receiver is not sending the correct signal to the boiler to fire.

Andrew Smith :

Do you need to get it going?

Andrew Smith :

We can do a little wire around to get you heat until you can change the RF set?

Customer :

but the boiler is under warranty still

Andrew Smith :

You can try that, but it is not part of the boiler. I bet the thermostat only carries a one year warranty.

Andrew Smith :

They will not come out to the boiler without charging you as S30 is the boiler in standby waiting to be told what to do.

Andrew Smith :

I know its not what you want to hear

Andrew Smith :

I can help you wire round the thermostat to get the heating on if you need to.