WGBGE
WGBGE, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  White Goods Engineer
75234286

My trusty washing machine has just stopped working in the middle

Customer Question

My trusty washing machine has just stopped working in the middle of a cycle and the door is firmly closed and refuses to open for me to get the washing out. Is there any way I can over ride the safety switch which is working so efficiently please? There is still power to the machine.
Expert:  WGBGE replied 4 years ago.

WGBGE :

The fact that the door will not open usually indicates that there is still water in the WM (ie cannot drain) Check the filter for any blockages - Its usually located at the front of the WM but remember if there is water in the WM it will empty via the filter so have a drain tray / bowl handy ........ regards