Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fairly new (about 1 year old) Bosch dishwasher and

Customer Question

I have a fairly new (about 1 year old) Bosch dishwasher and with no warning tonight it seems to have stopped working........when I press start you can hear the water start to flow, and then within a minute or so there is a loud repetitive clicking whirring sound and it stops the wash cycle. Pleas advise!
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Can you post the model number please. It should be etched into the door frame at the top when you open the door and it will start with E-nr.

Also the noise it makes is it the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The E-Nr number is :
SMS40C02GB/07

The noise sounds like its coming from the back although it could be deceptive as difficult to tell when the door is closed, and it stops when you open the door.

Not sure if it is the drain pump? Would this be the case if it is right at the beginning of the wash cycle? It runs for a few seconds and then stops the cycle.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok try this and see what happens.

Pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards and see if any water comes out from the bottom. You may need a towel for this part.

Then stand it up right and retry the cycle and see what happens.

If still the same then theres a fault inside the dishwasher. If its doing it when its filling then it may be something to do with the pressure sensors on there.

But as the washer is about 1 year old then all Bosch appliances come with a 2 year warrenty. If you didn't know this then get in touch with Bosch and they will fix it under warrenty for you.

But worth trying tipping it backwards first just incase its had an overfill and a bit of water had leaked into the base.

Or if you don't have a warrenty on there or you want to try and fix yourself just get back to me and I can advise further.