Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

H, i,hope you can help with my problem, whilst trying to

Customer Question

H,
i,hope you can help with my problem,
whilst trying to change the interior light on my N180 SES,I unfortunately shorted out the circuit. The 12v and 240v fuses are ok but the control panel on the door will not work.
The fridge was working on gas at the time of the incident. The appliance is in a Swift Bolero
860fb Motorhome. Can you tell me if there are any fuses I should check in the Fiat Ducato
cab fuse box.

Yours sincecely,
Brian Gaskin
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian, does the unit still function on gas?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

The unit does not function on gas/12v or 240v. the control panel does not light up at all.

Regards,

Brian.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,
do you get gas at the unit?
you can check to see if there is a flame there, it wont light if there is no power or unless you use a lighter to do this, I need to know this.
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,There is no gas at the unit, as I mentioned in previous email the control unit at the top of the door does not light up at all. As this unit auto selects the power to use,and was working when I accidently shorted

out the 12v cicuit do you think the fault is likely to be in this circuit,though the fuse in the motorhome habitation fuse box is ok.

Sorry I have no further information that might help you solve

this problem.

Regards,Brian

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan, when you shorted this was there any sparks?
Also where were you working on this when the short occurred?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

Cannot recall any sparks ,if there was it would not be very much as the motorhome was only powered by 12v and the fridge will only work on gas when the vehicle is stationary. As I said I was trying to change the light inside the fridge to an LED type,I had difficulty getting the

old bulb out and used a screwdriver to prise it out, forgetting that the 12v

power was on, this caused the conrol unit at the top of the fridge door to

shut down,however the fuse in the 12v fuse panel ok. Brian.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan, does everything else in the motor home work ok on 12 v right now?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Yes everythink else is working ok.

Brian.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Brian,
do you have a meter? If not you only need a cheap one.
It will be really easy to check this and to be sure whats wrong that way.
I will assist you all the way.
Since this question may go on for a bit, if you rate my service thus far as good or better the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so we can remain on this at no additional cost to you and also it will ensure the question wont time out on us;-)
Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
l