Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

i have a fisher paykel kelvinator 2? (or it could be 3, 1,

Customer Question

i have a fisher paykel kelvinator 2? (or it could be 3, 1, or squiggle!) washing machine which has been taking an increasing amount of time to fill and now won't pump out. 

is there anything i can do to resolve this issue without taking the back off machine or, if not, what can i try and what tools will i need to fix the problem - if, indeed, it can be fixed without needing a spare part or parts?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Considering that you did find a sock at the bottom, you would need to remove the pump and check for a blockage, I have seen this so many times with these lol.
Even found a sock inside the pump! Even I don't know how it got there.
And I have been working one washers for over 30 years.
Please check the pump, if you find no blockage, simply replace it , it is easy and I will assist for free.
If you will rate me now before you close this page the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so we can get this done for you at no additional cost ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The sock incident was a couple of years back, since when I've taken great care to ensure that it doesn't get repeated. Also, the load that was washing when the machine wouldn't pump out didn't contain any socks or small items.

Where is the pump? Will I need to take the back off to locate it or is it under the ... - I don't know what to call the part that agitates the washing - bit that moves around inside the drum and is clearly visible when the lid is open? If it is that part, how can I remove it?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol,

Yes, the pump needs to be replaced. It is easy to do and I will help you. It only requires a few basic hand tools. Do you have a source for the part, or do you need I need to locate one for you?

Since this question may go on for some time, if you rate my service today as good or better before you close this window, the System here will allow me to schedule free follow-ups with you so this question will not close.

Thank you, Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the pump located - should I try to remove the agitator first?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol,

The pump is located just along side the tub inside. You can tell it's the pump because there are two hoses leading to it.

These pumps fail quite often and replacing it should be easy.

I will help you, but since this question will go on for a while, to prevent the question from closing or timing out, if you will rate my service before closing this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow-up with you. This won't cost you anything additional; so we can resolve this problem to your satisfaction.

Thank you, Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is the first time i've used this website and i won't now be able to set about getting to the back of the machine to locate/look at the pump until friday at the earliest.

if i rate your service now how do i continue to contact you?

out of curiosity, if the pump needs replacement is this part fairly easy to obtain and could you give me an idea of the cost?

as i've said, the machine now takes a lot longer to fill than it did a few years ago when a friend gave it to me before she returned to Oz and i don't know if that's due to hard water in London and limescale build up or some other problem.

it's been just about the best washing machine i've ever had and i would like to repair and keep it if possible, but if it's reached the end of its natural life it may make better economic sense to buy a new machine than spend out on this one.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carol,
When you rate me I will set a follow up, you will then be able to contact me in the usual way;-)
As for that water issue you may need to check the water inlet screens at the back of the machine where the hoses connect. I will provide you as much info as you need:-)
Michael