Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello! I have a Siemens iq700 washing machine. For the last

Customer Question

Hello!
I have a Siemens iq700 washing machine.
For the last few days there is soap leaking from the soap dispenser, and not just a few drops.
I have tried emptying the dispenser and giving it a good clean without any result.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
Regards,
C
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Are you able to pull the machine out and remove the lid?
Can you also tell me do you use powder or liquid detergent, and aslo the age?

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I can pull out the soap dispenser unit on the left hand side. The machine is approx 2 years old and have had no other issues so far.
I only use liquid detergent
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi Cecilie

Turn off the power
Pull the machine out and remove the lid

You will see the soap box drawer.
Attached to this is a concertina hose that goes into the drum.
Make sure that this has not become twisted or blocked, as this will cause the water to enter the drum slowly and then back up into the drawer, causing it to overflow.

You can also try turning down the water pressure a little. Do this by following the blue inlet hose to the house water pipe. There will be avalve of some sort. Turn the valve a little way so as to slow the water pressure down a little.

Refit lid and try again

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob