Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Creda TVR2 tumbler dryer, The belt has just been

Customer Question

I have a Creda TVR2 tumbler dryer,
The belt has just been changed following Creda directions.
The machine will not start. Once switched on it 'busses' The heater element gets hot, but we cannot activate the motor.
Then suddenly the motor will work for say 5 mins (without reversing) then it stops and we cannot get it to strt again.
Any ideas? Capacitor or control pannel?
Look forward to your advice.
Chris Stevens
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi Chris

Sounds like its the control panel, sorry.

Easy way to find out is to try starting the machine and then turn the drum slightly by hand.

This does mean running the machine with the cabinet off and it being live, so please be carefull.

Howebvere, if you get the motor to turn in both directions by "kick" starting it, it will be just the capacitor.

If you ned the part, or more help, please just ask.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tried ti Kick start, no effect.

How much is a new control panel?

Chris

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi Chris
This has the older type mechanical timer.

Please go here

The reversing contacts are in integral part of the timer.

Depending on the age of the appliance, it may be better to put the money toward a new machine

Rob

PS Please dont forget to rate as this is how I get credit for helping you today

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The machine is under 3 years old with a new belt and rear bearing so I have just ordered a control panel. Can you give me a wireing Diagram so I connect the right wires to the panel please?

The on/off switch does not apear to do anything do I need a new one?

Chris

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi Chris

Dont remove the old timer till the new one arrives. Then you can just swap the wiring over.

As for the switch, the best thing is to ue a meter and test it for continuity.
If its open circuit, you will need to replace it

Rob