Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi induction hob flashes an error code E9 when I try

Customer Question

My Zanussi induction hob flashes an error code E9 when I try to turn it on and then goes dad again it beeps intermittently. How can I fix this please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the base of the appliance there is a code ZIT64X and also TYP..58GADD5AUI hope this is of some help

Thanks and regards

Sonya

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

E9 on this hob means a user interface control board fault. This is the touch control board which you press to turn on.

What the service manual says is disconnect the hob from the mains connection and leave for 60 seconds. Then wire it back up and turn back on and see what happens.

If still the same then the user control board needs to be replaced.

To access this you need to remove the hob from the work top and remove the screws holding the glass on all 4 sides of the hob.

Then you can lift the glass top off.

From there you will see the user board in the front its the smaller board.

Replace this and that should cure the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately disconnecting the wires didn't work, Our hob has a metal frame around it so there are no screws holding it together just a series of complicated clips which look like they could be easily sprained therefore we cannot remove the glass. Furthermore this is a touch operated hob and when we try to prise the base apart a little after opening a couple of the clips there are parts remaining connected to the glass top. It therefore looks like it could not be fixed by us even if we had the part. Under the circumstances am I still expected to pay the 25€? Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

The glass top will come off.

If its got the clips around the glass top you need to get a screwdriver and push the tab in and lift the glass up were the clip is and do this on all of them and the glass top will come off.

As to the money side you only pay if you feel I have helped you on this and you are happy to. I can only advise you what the code is and how to fix it I cannot do it for you im afraid so that's up to you on the money side. But please don't just rate the service as poor because you are unable to do the repair yourself as I have no control of that part.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel, it's late so my husband will have another go in the morning, I'll get back to you tomorrow evening when I get home from work. I fully appreciate there is only so much you can do by SMS/email so we'll regroup tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks and regards

Sonya

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

No worries that's fine I will be online tomorrow evening so just get back to me then.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel Im not sure if u got my last msg re contacting Zanussi today ... a msg has come up on my laptop requesting another committment of 25e which obvs Im not going to do Ive not rated yet n I await ur reply re splitting d difference of cost i.e.I pay e12.50 for ur trouble leave positive rating n learn my lesson rspv ...

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

I didn't get any replys yesterday. As all I see is what is written above on this thread.

As to splitting the money I'm afraid I can't do that. Im quite happy about it but you need to contact customer services as I don't get involved on the money side of it.