Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my machine wont start not taking in any water. i check that

Customer Question

my machine wont start not taking in any water. i check that there is supply there is have clean the filter the hose in let or outlet is not kinked the door light works the power light works as it should the start light comes on but it wont start the programme the only thing that works is when i put it on a direct spin it spins
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay do you still need help on this?

If so can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I still need help i have not had a response from your expert as to what the problem might be and how i can go about solving it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model number is NEXTRA HNL 842

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok sorry for the delay. What you need to do if looking at this yourself is check the water valve. To do this you need a multimeter.

Remove the top and from there you will see the water valve at the back. You need to test each coil on there. It should read about 3.8 Kohms. If any are faulty then they will need to be replaced.

If the water valve is fine then remove the control board on the side and see if it has blown. As if it has then it may not send power to the water valve to allow it to fill up.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.