SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

I have a zanussi ZEL 63 X hob where the pilot light is continually

Customer Question

I have a zanussi ZEL 63 X hob where the pilot light is continually alight with all the knobs in the "off" position. Upon removing the back, i find there is a constant 82 volts going to the lamp keeping it illumnated, any ideas why??
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 3 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

When you say pilot light do you mean the power on neon light.
Are you measuring across the lamp to get a voltage.

JACUSTOMER-lsvmwox8- :

yes it is the power on lamp, there is only one on the unit, but surely this should not illuminate with all the switches off.yes, am measuring the voltage across the lamp.

SparePartspro :

It could be you have a faulty regulator.
Disconnect the common supply to each regulator in turn to find out which one turns out the power light.
The one where the light goes out is probably the faulty one as the internal switching within the regulator as fused to the on position even though it may not be providing a supply to the appropriate hotplate.