hvacguy17
hvacguy17, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15+ years of appliance service
63955563

Bosch Steam Generator TDS2511GB. The handle gets very hot

Customer Question

Bosch Steam Generator TDS2511GB. The handle gets very hot during use. We live in a hard water area and the appliance is emptied and descaled per the instruction manual regularly.
Expert:  hvacguy17 replied 3 years ago.

The hard water may be the issue. Try pouring out the water after each use to prevent future problems. Pour out the water, and fill with vinegar. Let it set in there for 2 hrs, then turn the iron on. Press the steam trigger, and let it go. It may be discolored, so be careful to do this where no staining will occur. Do this until all vinegar is steamed out. This should do the trick. It this does not work, then there may be damage to the steam hose internally, which will require taking it apart to find. If the iron is less than 2 years old, call the manufacture to see if still under warranty. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great rating....Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your response, however the manufacturer does not recommend using a vinegar or any chemical descaler agents so I am loathed to use your advice.