SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

BEKO DWD4311W No longer cleaning well. The upper spray arm

Customer Question

BEKO DWD4311W No longer cleaning well. The upper spray arm seems to catch on the base of the upper tray, but even leaving the upper tray empty, the dishes from the lower tray are still coming out with dirt on them. We have run a few programmes with dishwasher cleaner & the filter is clean
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 4 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

There could be two issues here.
The upper spray arm has a bearing washer fitted to it that can wear down.
If this is the case it could be the arm isn't sitting square on the feed pipe. Take the arm off and check that the bearing is still there and it hasn't worn. It's going to be around 3mm thick.

With regards the bottom tray, this could be a little more involved and will require you take off the two side panels.
You need to look for the small feed pipe that runs from the bottom of the regen box on the left side to the sump that supports the wash pump and drain pump.
Try take off that small tube, it could be silted up.
Let me know what you find.

JACUSTOMER-o8re22qa- :

The bearing washer is, I presume, the rubber washer which is under 1mm thick so that could be the problem. I will replace it & see. I tried to leave a rating, but couldn't. I think it is because you have not finished.

JACUSTOMER-o8re22qa- :

SparePartspro :

I only submit an answer once I am happy you have all the information you need.
You can come back to this question at any time if you need more help.

Best regards Tony