Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

My boilers a vaillant turbo max about 9 years old it will not

Customer Question

My boilers a vaillant turbo max about 9 years old it will not fire up, me and the plumber have changed the fan/air switches /gas valve/ and pcb board but still the problem persists and this is having spoken to a vaillant technision on phone several times and there at a loss.
It appears that there is no signal to send power to the gas valve for it to open. the fault that is being diplayed at the moment is d33 diagnostic mode which is required value of fan speed. Please help!

Red Eye
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.

Andrew Smith :

Are you able to check voltage at the gas valve?

JACUSTOMER-vckxtwuy- :

there is no voltage to gas valve as computer is not sending any voltage through gas valve leads, this is both on existing pcb board and new one.

Andrew Smith : Can you check with a meter, not just both connections, but each connection to earth also?
JACUSTOMER-vckxtwuy- :

i dont know andrew, am i allowed to come back to you tomorow when i get hold of my plumber because im going to get out of my depth, but send across any ideas you have.

Andrew Smith : No problem.
Andrew Smith : the problem is if you use a meter then you are checking voltage difference
Andrew Smith : if you check both connections and it measures 0v then both connections could be reading 230v, therefore no difference