SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

My dishwasher has come up with E24. And a tap symbol and stopped

Customer Question

My dishwasher has come up with E24. And a tap symbol and stopped mid cycle ! What's wrong ? Help ! Debbie
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 3 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

That error is normally a failure to drain.
When the dishwasher stops, open the door and check how much water is left in the bottom.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

There is some dirty water in bottom

SparePartspro :

Pour some water in to the bottom and with the power on close the door.
Can you hear the drain pump come on. How long does it stay on for.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

It sound like pump for a few seconds then stopped and 2mins later made same sound again the stopped after 40 seconds,2mins then same again for 40 seconds then stopped!

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Now stopped and E24 and tap symbol on

SparePartspro :

Has any of the water drain out the bottom.
If not then you have a blockage with the drain pump or drain hose.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

About half of it or little more, still small amount in

SparePartspro :

That small amount may be the right amount as there will always be some left in the bottom.
Is the amount left in above the filter level.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Just about . Have reset and put on a quick cycle a vey little happening , makes some noise and stops a bit the tries again,7 mins into cycle sounds like it's washing can hear arms working

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Sounds like its washing

SparePartspro :

There is a little device on the left side of the dishwasher that can get stuck.
When we poured water in to the sump we may have dislodged it that is why it appears to be working again.

SparePartspro :

If it goes again then you might like to try take of the left side panel and look for the sticking float switch.
It's at the bottom of the regen box.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Will wait until it starts pumping ! Fingers crossed

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Left as you look at machine or the other left ?!!

SparePartspro :

Left as you look at it.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Ok 5 mins of cycle left then will open and see !

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

stated on 1 min to go for 4 mins now says tap and E24 !!!! Agh!water in bottom is covering filter

SparePartspro :

I would try remove the drain hose from the drain pipe at the back and direct it in to a bucket.
Pour water into the bottom of the dishwasher and close the door again.
Does the water get pumped out from the dishwasher in to the bucket.
If so then the float switch on the side could be blocked.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

Cannot pull out too heavy will wait for husband to do in an hour !

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

If still not working how do I get back to you or will it be another pro and will he know what's been tried ??

SparePartspro :

I will be notified when you respond.
Just reply when you are ready.

JACUSTOMER-6kk9tzm1- :

We took d/w into garden and with a hose sent water into drain hose and washed out some small bits of debris!! This is working now so far , fingers crossed problem solved ! We appreciate your help , thank you . Hopefully won t have cause to bother you again! Ha ha !

SparePartspro :

Glad to hear you managed to resolve this problem.
Thanks for letting me know.

If you think it goes wrong again you can just reply here at anytime.