Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my zanussi washing machine zwh 7160p

Customer Question

my zanussi washing machine zwh 7160p will not load a program, every time i try the door locks with a 1 in the screen, this vanishes i can open the door, then i try to start a program again and it does the same thing

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

By far and away the most likely cause of this is a bad door lock.

Would you want to replace this yourself or would you like an all inclusive quote for the repair? If the latter, please let me have the postcode

Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no the door is opening fine,

it goes to this number one screen when i start a program then 1 minutes passes and the door opens, as if the program has ended... i try to start the 30 min was again or the full wash, all is fine for a second does as it should, then the led screen goes to the number 1 and 1 min later the door opens again

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi Elen

Before the program can start, the machine has to recognise that the door is locked.

If it cant do this, the machine wont start and the door lock will release

Hence my reasoning for thinking the door lock is at fault

Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it does recognise the door is locked as the light comes on to show the door is locked

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi Elen

I am sorry you don't wish to take my advice and years of advice.

Ill be happy to opt out and maybe someone will reply and give you the answer you are looking for

All the best

Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
gave up