Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

HI, I had a new boiler February of this year. Prior to having

Customer Question

HI,
I had a new boiler February of this year. Prior to having the new boiler fitted I had no problems with my Heating and Hot Water working independently. Since having the new boiler fitted I've had two timer clocks fitted.
When I turn the Hot Water on the Heating comes on also, although I have not touched the Heating switch. I have had Waterline the company who installed my boiler out several times. He is claiming there is a fault with the system upstairs and he needs to replace a certain part which will cost me £80. Also he is saying there is a break in the cable somewhere feeding the Timer Switch down stairs, and there for wants to move the timer Switch up stairs.
I am not convinced about this, and I feel that he has wired the Timer Switch or Boiler incorrectly. During the time he was in my property he did ask for the instructions for the Boiler, I mean considering he is meant to work daily with these boilers there was no need to ask for the instructions .
When he left I found two small pieces of electrical wire on my side which I know for sure were not there before he was here.
I am seeking advice please as to what the problem I. I currently have no heating as he turned the heating switch right OFF.
I wold be grateful for sound advice woth regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith : Do you have the model of Vaillant boiler?