hvacguy17
hvacguy17, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15+ years of appliance service
63955563

I have a built in electric Zanussi oven, the bulb has

Customer Question

I have a built in electric Zanussi oven, the bulb has blown and I tried to unscrew it, but only managed to take out the bulb leaving the holder in the oven. I have tried long nose pliers but it seems welded in. Suggestions please.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Can you tell me is this a rectangular fitting in the side wall?

Rob
Expert:  hvacguy17 replied 3 years ago.
Make sure the power is OFF to the unit. Use a bar of soap. Stick the corner in there and turn it out. The problem with pliers is you are trying to turn the bulb from one side, causing it to wedge. There has to be a uniform turn. I have spread needle-nose pliers from the middle, outward turning it this way. I doubt that it is welded in, just needs a uniform turn if this makes sense. Anything is possible about the welding thing, but normally, it is what I have mentioned. Just maker sure there is no power to the range before attempting. I hope this helps. If so, please give me a great rating. If not, please respond back for more information....Thank you