fixer2013
fixer2013, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  PAT Testing C&G Level 3 100/439/1
74591549

my zanussi freezer is bleeping a red alarm 3 times a day, i

Customer Question

my zanussi freezer is bleeping a red alarm 3 times a day, i think its the thermostat but i dont want to call out "engineers" for 100 squid> its working fine

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Hello My name is Ivor

fixer2013 :

I hope that I can give you assistance.

fixer2013 :

From what you put it would seem that the surrounding temperature is too high in and around the freezer.

fixer2013 :

If you could give me the model number or the product number from the plate I will try and find a definitive answer for you.

fixer2013 :

fixer2013 :

Have you tried turning the freezer off for a while and restarting it and pressing the reset button?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,

the freezer is not freezing properly now. the fan is running and the condenser seems to be running and the coils at the back are clean. i cant find the model number but it is a fairly modern, frost free one

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

Hello again.

There should be a reset button , at the rear it is usually low down. Try resetting the the unit. If this does not work then I would, as you suspect the the thermostat is not doing its job. Also do you have the manual which should have a section on faults and trouble shooting. I think that an engineer visit is the last option. Im sorry I cannot be more consise.

Ivor