SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Hi, I have a Teka double oven HTD 888. I have just changed

Customer Question

I have a Teka double oven HTD 888. I have just changed the rear fan element and thought this would fix the problem, not the case the main oven is dead (top oven ok) i have reset the clock with no auto showing but seems ther is no power to the main oven, no light no fan no heat.

XXXXX XXXXX.
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 4 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.
Take off the rear panel and check the thermal cut out to see if it has gone open circuit.
It's a small button shaped device with two terminal tags.
Ideallycheck this using a multimeter.
Let me know what you find.

JACUSTOMER-prx1ezn0- :

Hi, i have taken off the back of the oven and there is no devise as you discribe it. the only thig that maybe looks like it is on the back of the fan motor but this only has an earth lead attached to it. Could you let me know were it might be sited?

SparePartspro :

Thermal protection is through the cooling fans at the top of the oven.
Can you hear the cooling fan running when you turn on the oven. This is the fan above the grill.

JACUSTOMER-prx1ezn0- :

Hi, no there is nothing at all working in the main oven not even the light, just the top oven works so there must be power to the oven?

SparePartspro :

I'm up loading the wiring diagram for reference.

Htd888 wiring diagram
Full Size Image

SparePartspro :

At the bottom of the drawing is the terminal block 'M'.
'TS1' is the oven thermal cutout. Trace this out on your oven and first check all wires are secure in the terminal block.
Then locate the cutout and check it for continuity.
Let me know when you have done this.