SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Our Maytag tumble drier (we have had it about 2 years) is making

Customer Question

Our Maytag tumble drier (we have had it about 2 years) is making a dreadful squeaking and slight grinding noise. We live in the Yorkshire Dales, miles from anywhere, Six weeks ago we called our local guy out and gave him the maytag website to order the part after him saying he could not help. He said it was the pulleys at the back and we could still use it whilst he got the part. We have been phoning him continually about this, he actually went to Canada for 3 weeks, in the meantime it is definitely worse. We are a B and B place and do our own laundry, we do have two small driers, which are back up for the bigger Maytag one. When we have a full turnround of rooms (maybe 9 beds and towels etc. we are struggling because we do not like to use the Maytag - so the others are getting punished) I was told that he had the wrong serial numbers and that he would come back to us some time this week and get them again and re order. I am very fed up. We could do with a technician from Maytag or Maytag trained but there are none in the area. Please can you help. Thanks for listening - XXXXX XXXXXon, Fox and Hounds, West Burton. N Yorks. DL8 4JY.
Expert:  SparePartspro replied 3 years ago.

SparePartspro :

Thank You for using JustAnswer - My name is Tony and I am more than happy to help with your question today.

Just so you know, you are asking for information from a paid for service.
If it's that you only need to know who you can call to get help with your repair, there are two places within your local you can call.
Is this the only help you need from me today.

JACUSTOMER-zov879bz- :

Hi Tony, thats exactly what I need at the moment. Thanks

SparePartspro :

Try this;

Electrocare
Northallerton
Phone: #01609 776168

Lewis Electrical Services
Darlington
Phone: #01325 485939

Let me know ho you get on.

JACUSTOMER-zov879bz- :

both these people say they only do domestic, like hotpoint, neither of them deal with with Maytag. Back to you.

SparePartspro :

Both those companies have expressed their interest in Maytag on the UK Appliance web site portal.
Try go to www.repaircare.co.uk where you can get an online quote for the repair.
That way you will know the cost before you commit.

JACUSTOMER-zov879bz- :

Hi there, I did that before I came on to you, they cannot help, firstly because there is no section for driers, and secondly they had no one who could help, hence my contacting yourselves. Cheers.

SparePartspro :

Then your only option is to go direct to maytag.co.uk