Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

My SIKAFROST fridge-freezer is clicking every half second and

Customer Question

My SIKAFROST fridge-freezer is clicking every half second and the LEDs on the control panel are flashing in time. I can also hear a relay clicking. Can I assume that it is the electronic control system and can it be changed. If so, how do I get to it? (I am an electronic engineer).
Expert:  hvacguy17 replied 4 years ago.
This does sound like a control board failure. Can you furnish the model# so I can try to get an image up of this unit please....Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. The model number is KG34E02GB/01. I can repair down to component level and can imagine that it is an electrolytic cap or similar in the PSU. My real problem is that I can't get at the PCB(s) because I can't get the top of the appliance off!

Cheers

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't understand why it is taking so long to find out how to get to the control board on this appliance! Surely, all the models in this range are of a similar construction. Does the top come off upwards, backwards, forwards? Does the plastic escutcheon/molding on the front come off? Do the doors need to come off?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Open the door and look at the underside of the facia panel.

There should be a small screw at either end.

Take them out.

Use a flat blade under the top of the facia to unclip it and while doing so, pull the bottom edge down and out.

There's no hidden screws shown in the diagram for your machine.

It should only be the 2 screws and the plastic snapping into place.

Check it out, see how it goes and get back to me.

Hope this helps