Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

whirlpool dishwasher not working.getting water, checked all

Customer Question

whirlpool dishwasher not working.getting water, checked all hoses, turn on any cycle but all it does is make a humming noise and thats it
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear that.

Have you tried both hot and cold cycles?

Please let me know the results of that.

Also May I have the full model #?

Thank you:-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both cycles tried same result F4 comes up on digit panel and beeping. Model no. ADG 8100
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Evin,

Usually this is a faulty water inlet valve. Its easy to replace and cheap as well:-)

But try this first and let me know if this helps and we will go from there.

One thing to try would be to turn off the AC power to the unit and let it stay off for 15-30 minutes and then turn it back on. Sometimes if the unit takes a voltage spike it hashes the memory and resetting the power will clear it up, but to do this the voltage needs to turned off at the fuse/breaker box

If this works then please rate my service, if not don't rate yet and reply to me, I will locate a source for the valve. And also help you with the repair.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

machine has been unplugged for a couple of days and turned on again today.is water inlet valve in machine or on hose leading to machine because if latter its fine water going through hose and into machine??

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Evin,

The water inlet valve is just under the front kickplate in the front bottom of the machine.

It likely is the trouble.

It is an electrically operated valve with a single wire clip attached to it.

I am in the US But if you are in the UK you can get that part from:

http://www.4whirlpool.co.uk

Here is their phone # as well: 0844 55 72 510.

All you will need is the model number if the dishwasher and they will fix ya right up.

When you get the part I will help you with the install if needed.:-)

Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question wont close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael