Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Can you please tell me how I get into my hoover to change the

Customer Question

Can you please tell me how I get into my hoover to change the belt Model DML5224 001 SERIAL 39100268 THANK-YOU
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 years ago.

Some models do not have screws, in which case the sole plate underneath should just prise off. If there are screws they are sometimes hidden by the height adjustment wheels.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are no screws and I do not know what the sole plate is II have tried to prize the opening where the belt goes but as far as I can see there is no way you can get to it please can you help

Hi Margaret,

The sole plate is the plate which is 'in contact' with the floor. Can you remove that?

IMPORTANT - please ensure the hoover is unplugged from the mains electricity whilst you are doing this.

Regards,