Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good Evening, we have just had a house renovated and many

Customer Question

Good Evening,

we have just had a house renovated and many Zanussi appliances have been fitted by the appropriate team of contractors. Included is a fitted fridge / freezer ZBB28441SA the fridge part (upper ) is causing a problem.

Over the last three weeks since it has had food stuffs in and has been switched on full time, there has been an ice build up. LOCATION - if you open the door and look to the right it starts about 6 inches from the top and is around 6 further inches in length , the middle being thickest and impossible to move.
It looks as if moisture is dripping and freezing and the back of the fridge is damp with droplets. We are concerened as we have never encounterd this before.
Do you have any ideas please?
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Ho I am sorry to hear about that.

Ok first make sure the door seals seem to seal well.

Please let me know if they don't.

As for the ice build up, that is likely caused by a failed defrost component.

It could be the defrost timer, the Bi Metal sensor or the heater itself.

Please let me know if you want to troubleshoot this with my help or if you simply want to replace the three main components and be done with it as they aren't all that expensive and guarantees a fix for this and I will instruct you all the way on how to do this:-)

But since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question wont close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael