Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do I replace the electronic timer (green display) on a

Customer Question

How do I replace the electronic timer (green display) on a SMEG Oven model# XXXXX?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Adam, thank you for coming back to me. Please continue with the search for a couple more days. If no luck then please come back to me.

Regards, Rodney

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

I can assist you with this. Its pretty simple,

You can access the old unit by removing it from the back of the panel. Some screws and clips (base at the two sides) The clock is usually secured with screws. - remove old unit replace with new - no peel or scrape usually necessary;-)

I will continue with you and even help you locate the new part if you need but since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question wont close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK understand so far, but I guess it is necessary to remove the complete front panel housing the electronic timer. I've tried this by removing the two Philip's headed screws, accessed from the underside of the panel, but still cannot remove the front panel! Are there more screws hidden somewhere or is it necessary to apply some leverage somewhere? Thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi, these can be tight but usually the rear is where you need to get to.

Some of that year models have a plastic face that can be removed but there are also plastic clips that you can pry and pop if yours is this way.

Otherwise the back is the way to go as with most of these.

If you can send me a picture of yours I will know for sure .

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm trying to send a couple of photos of the front of the oven but the 'Just Ask' site is having a technical problem downloading them - I'll try again later - thanks. Rodney

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi yes the site is a little strange today lol;-)

But on most of these units it is the rear or the top that will be removable to achieve access to the timer.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I send photo's via an e-mail? If so could you give me your e-mail address? Thanks. Rodney

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi I'm sorry but JA doesn't allow that .

I will check a few other places to see if I can find you better instructions I will be in contact as soon as I fine that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Tech Michael