Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

Hi I have a neff integrated dishwasher the has a red tap light

I have a neff integrated... Show More

I have a neff integrated dishwasher the has a red tap light come on. I have checked the filter on the inlet hose it is not blocked or is the hose kinked. I have also checked that the outlet hose is not blocked or kinked. I have tried resetting the machine but to no go. The machine keeps filling from a small hole on the bottom left hand side of the machine and then empties again and repeats cycle. The machine is S54M45XOGB 409100412724010089

Show Less
Michael, Customer Service
replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

not easy to fix - it has a leak. the tray at the base is full of water which operates a float which switches drain pump on. remove front panel at bottom front and mop out water or tilt backwards 45deg and water will run out. leak is usually main pump.

If this works please let me know:-)

I will have further advice for you.

Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question wont close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Ive tilted the machine and no water is running out?

Michael, Customer Service replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thank you Vince.

This is typical of also a failed float in the bottom of the dishwasher.

Also try one thing for me.

Please turn off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher for 5 full minutes then back on. run the hot water at the sink till it is very hot and try a wash cycle.

But also check the float isn't stuck.

You may also need a meter to check the contacts if the float isn't stuck in the upward position:-)

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

My wife had completed a reset on the machine which also emptied the sump and she then turned off at the mains overnight which did not cure the problem. How will running the hot tap help as the machine is cold water supplied? Also how do I check the float? What does it look like?

Thanks for the info on the clod water supply.

When the float fails it will do exactly what it is doing.

The float , because Neff made a change mid year can be located inside the machine on the floor, or in the pump housing.

But let me ask, does the heating element get hot because that's the first thing to check, also do you have a meter to test something for me?

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Ive checked the float and it is not stuck and works. 1 thing ive never noticed that the dishwasher has done before is water filling from the small hole on the bottom left hand side when turned on. It used to start to spray water from the upper and lower spray arms immediately. I am able to get a meter what would you like me to test?

Thanks Vince,

have you checked it with a meter? That needs to be done to be sure its really working electrically:-)

Thanks Tech Mike

I can assist you when you are ready.