Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Ive got a 10 year old bosch washing machine that so far the

Customer Question

I've got a 10 year old bosch washing machine that so far the only problem I;ve had is the brushes replaced. Recently I've noticed all the programes on the machine ie 30,40, 60 and even delicates are going on for far to long (3 hours). Is there anything you can do for this and is it worth it?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Are you looking to repair this yourself?

If you are, would you be able to take the machine apart to gain access to parts?

.

Can you post the E-Nr number of the machine?

It's on a label in the door recess.

.

Do you have, and can you use, a multimeter?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I am not looking to repair this myself

Unfortunately the number has warn away but its a Bosch classixx 1200.

No I don't have a multimetre and don't know how to use one

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

I can tell you what's likely to be wrong with your machine but I'm not sure that's what you really want.

.

Can you explain what it is you need from us?

Are you looking for a local repairer? Fixed price repair? or something else?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we would like to know roughly whats wrong with it. would it be expensive to repair and is it worth repairing a 10 year old washing machine or would that money be better spent on a new one. I don't mind getting washing machine repaired if it will last a couple+ more years.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

The most common cause of the problem you have is the water isn't heating.

You can check this by putting it on it's hottest wash and feeling the glass.

.

If not heating, it can be a faulty element, broken wiring and/or a faulty control board.

.

If it's heating, it's likely a temperature sensor, however, this would normally lead to very hot washes.

.

If it's broken wiring, it's the cost of calling the repairer out and possibly a few pounds for new connectors.

.

If it's an element, it's the labour cost plus the cost of the element.

.

Bosch are not cheap for parts and an element could cost around £80, depending on the actual model.

.

If both the wiring and element are ok and the sensor tests ok, you are looking at a very expensive repair. Certainly enough to suggest you use the money to buy a new machine.

.

You can get a fixed price repair from British Gas, it's £125 inclusive of parts and labour.

No charge if they can't repair it.

I believe they reduce the cost if you put the appliance(s) on contract with them.

.

Click here for the British Gas offer

.

Check it out, see if it's heating and get back to me if you need more help.

.

Hope this helps