Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

my ultima tumbledryer is only blowing cold air, have already

Customer Question

my ultima tumbledryer is only blowing cold air, have already replaced the element and it has made no difference, any ideas
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TCM65A

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The most likely cause of this problem is the front thermostat is open circuit.

.

You need to test this with a multimeter to see if it's open circuit.

If it's ok, and if the wiring tests ok, (you've already replaced the heater and thermostats at the rear) then it only leaves the drying module as the possible cause.

.

Check the front thermostat, let me know what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what does the front thermostat look like and where is it located

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

It's a circular shaped item and its fitted to the front housing that the drum runs in.

.

Take the top off and have a look, see if you can see the terminals sticking through the housing.

.

The wiring diagram shows a double black/white wire on one side of it and a black/white wire on the other side of it.

.