Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

hi I have a Samsung American fridge freezer and its not working

Customer Question

hi I have a Samsung American fridge freezer and its not working at all the lights on but not resetting can you help please
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

Jon :

Jon :

My name is Jon and I am an authorized Samsung service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

What is the full model or BOM number of the ref? If you open the ref doors the tag should be on the left side. Please list it back here for me please.

Jon :

With the full model number I can bring up the diagrams and model specific info and help you better.

Jon :

So you get lights inside and out but nothing seems to run, is that correct?

Jon :

No fans running inside or out? And no compressor running?

Jon :

If so, then we will have to first start by checking power to the ref and to the main control board in the back of the ref.

Jon :

If you have a multi meter we can check that there is the right amount of power getting to the ref.

Jon :

Now if this an american ref, I have seen the ref do some wacky things overseas. Especially if the frequency is not right.

Jon :

American ref's work off a different frequency then the ones in the UK. And will have different wattage ratings to. So if this is a true american style or model ref, you may have to get the frequency converted to have this machine run properly.

Jon :

Get back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :