Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hello We have a 20 month old Siemans Dishwasher and three

Customer Question

Hello We have a 20 month old Siemans Dishwasher and three times in four days I have discovered that it has completed its cycle but a code of E15 shows. You cannot re set it at all and no programs or start button will operate. There is a draining sound coming from the bottom of the machine, a gurgle and hiss, although all water has drained away.

I have found that turning the machine off at the power source for a few hours does allow it to re set but clearly something is not right. What can you suggest
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Is your machine free standing or integrated?

.

Do you still have proof of purchase?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is integrated and I would need to search thro for prof of purchase...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine has now allowed me to re set so maybe there is nothing to help with this time.

I assume I will not be charged !

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

Integrated makes it harder to sort out.

.

Basically, e15 indicates the anti flood device in the base of the machine has been activated, so you have had a spillage or leak of water from the tub, into the base.

.

If it was a spillage, it shouldn't happen repeatedly, unless it's overfoaming on every wash.

.

To check and possibly rectify the problem, you need to gain access to the base of the machine so you can drain the water out and then run it with the panels off to check for a leak.

.

If you don't fancy taking the machine out, and if you can find proof of purchase, call Siemens.

You have, at least, a 2 year warranty on the machine.

Speak to them, see what they have to say about the repeated failure.

They should come out and sort it out for you under warranty.

.

If you do want to do it yourself, unplug the appliance.

Take it out of it's integrated position and take the side panels off.

Sponge all the water in the base out.

Once out, run the machine on a wash and watch it working.

You need to locate and cure the leak to rectify the problem..

.

If you find there's a lot of foam inside then you need to sort out the rinse aid side of things.

If you use all in one tablets and rinse aid you are overdosing on rinse aid.

This causes foam and ultimately the problem you are having.

.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine does not appear to be overfoaming but you are quite right. I have been using 3 in 1 tablets and rinse aid ! Do you think the problem may remedy itself if I just use a basic detergent ?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Just turn the rinse aid down to it's minimum and continue with your existing tablets.

That should stop it overfoaming (you won't see it overfoam unless you open the door during the wash, when it's very hot and on it's final rinse).

.

If it hasn't overfoamed, then you have a small leak that is causing the intermittent E15

.

Good luck with it, hopefully it won't give the fault again.

If it does, you know it's leaking and you know you still have a warranty you can use.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for all the info and I have taken your comments on board. I guess it could be an intermittant leak but we get about 4 or 5 washes out of it before the fault occurs. One imagines that if there is a leak it would crop up everytime .

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

This is why I think you may have overfoaming happening.

.

However, once you turn the rinse aid down, you'll be able to determine if it's a leak or not.

.