Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Integrated Fridge-Freezer for Fuerteventura; old one XXXXXXXXX Important

Customer Question

Integrated Fridge-Freezer for Fuerteventura; old one XXXXXXXXX

Important - what guaranteed cost? and what time for delivery (perhaps from Tenerife)?

*height 1600mm, divided as top 345mm, small gap, bottom 1240mm approx)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,
I think you want the parts and will make the repair?
I can help you with this if you are handy and have the tools to do this:-)
Please tell me the problem the fridge is giving you.
May I also have the full model # and how old the unit is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - as stated, repair is not possible because of rust (to the door hinge)

For reasons unknown, Just Answer clearly cut off part of my question

1. the old model is Fagor XXXXXXXXX not XXXXXXXXX

2. it is 9 years old

3. I want a NEW integrated fridge freezer of the size shown.

4. If you cannot identify a supply on Fuerteventura, then maybe Tenerife, but I need to know full cost and timescale - that is what I am paying for; my agent on the island has so far been unsuccessful

If you cannot provide this, I can understand - I will not rate you personally but I will seek a refund

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Rich,
I know JA has its quirks lol.
Also the model # didn't come in either.
Please re send me that info but this time, separate the characters with a space between each one:-)
Thank you for your patience, I will help you with this.
Also is it the hinge(s) you require?
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are still not reading my email carefully!!

I want to source the purchase and delivery of a NEW item

The fridge is beyond repair - trust me

The existing model number is 9 2 4 0 1 0 8 7 5 but it is pretty irrelevant. The only relevant thing is to find a NEW unit to fit into a carcass and to match the carcass doors which is why I gave the separate fridge and freezer sizes.

It can be a Fagor unit (which is what JustAnswer was advertising) or non Fagor. My agent has found an expensive non-Fagor unit but I wanted to source something cheaper

Can you find something costing less than 600 euros delivered and installed?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Rich,

Do you want a Fagor? Or can we supply a different brand?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael

This is yet another reply from you where you have not read mine carefully

I said it could be Fagor or non-Fagor

I will shortly have to buy the one already identified for me on the island at the higher price, and claim a full refund from JustAnswer

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Ok, Richard, I will find you a suitable replacement:-)

Please give me a day to do this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have had a day since your last reply

so I conclude you have been unsuccessful

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

I'm really sorry, the site was undergoing major revamping and it has been causing issues like this for a few days.
What I need to know the outside dimensions just top to bottom,, side to side and the depth, all outsides to help you properly with this.
Thank you for your patience, I am only a Tech and cant help how they cut off a lot of information.
But I will assist you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Again I cannot believe you have not read (or received) my earlier details.

I already gave the front dimensions being 1240mm bottom, 345mm top so plus gap between them total is 1600mm.

Standard integrated cabinet (600mm wide and usual depth though not sure of this)

In the absence of any progress at all through JA, I am literally on the point of authorising my agent to buy a more expensive one - so I cannot guarantee any helpful info will come in time

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rich, Thank you for clearing the size up, unfortunately I have only found a few but they aren't in the UK:-(
I am sorry I couldn't help you with this and I do thank you for your patience, this site is usually very good but the upgrades have caused a few problems.
I have opted out to give another expert a crack at this for you, Please have a great day in spite of this:-)
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
r