Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, When i unload the dishwasher items on the top shelf have

Customer Question

Hi, When i unload the dishwasher items on the top shelf have a sandy residue left on them. What could be causing that?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi I can advise you on this,
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is the dishwasher?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Lamona and is 2 years old. Sorry I cant see any other model details.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Is the sandy residue like soap particles or something else?
Thank you for your patience but I need to know this :-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wouldnt say it is soap particles - it is a sandy texture, gritty and gathers on top of items on the top shelf mainly but also inside items ie on a glass it gathers on top and also ont e base on the inside. It looks just like sandy grit and is normally beige and black in colour.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that,
Do you use a detergent with a rinse aid?
This can help but did this just recently start happening?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes I do use tablets with a rinse aid and I also add rinse aid to the machine. It started happening about 4 weeks ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Dishwasher Residue and Film on Dishes

If your dishwasher does not seem to be cleaning well anymore and you are getting residue and film left on your dishes then you need to read this.

Since July of 2010 the US Government has mandated that dishwasher detergents contain no more then 0.05% phosphates in them. The Detergents before this had contained up to 8.7% phosphates. The restrictions were for 16 states but many companies then dropped the phosphates from detergents to all states...

Now if you are having the scum, film, and white residue problems in your dishwasher, there is hope.
There is a product that you can buy that will compensate for what the makers of the dishwasher detergents have left out. This product as commonly know as TSP or (Trisodium Phosphate).
By adding this to your dishwasher, you can manually add back the phosphates to your dishwasher and enhance the cleaning process.
Please let me know how that cleaning goes and if it helps, It should.
Tech Michael